Thursday, February 4, 2010

Herman's Head with lots of shout outs

Remember that show Herman's Head? When people lived in a guys head? Or Being John Malkovich? Consider this my version of that...dedicated to my dear, hilarious friend, Linda Rubin who made the request.

Thoughts during each of my 11 miles today

Mile Marker 1: That school bus almost hit me
Mile Marker 2: My shadow looks life size (refer to earlier blogs about me and my shadow!)
Mile Marker 3: Song--The Reflex by Duran Duran. Made me think of 2 people. First, my old friend Leah Bougere from Kingwood, TX. In 6th grade, she was a HUGE Duran Duran fan. And I thought she was incredibly cool. Also makes me think of my friend Noah Stein. We used to work together at Crane Marketing Communications and would often volunteer to pick up pizza for office lunches. One time, we blasted The Reflex and sang it at the top of our lungs. Lots of laughs with Noah.
Mile Marker 4: I think I am going to give all of the money I earn in April (marathon month) to Dana Farber. Consider this a shout out to my home business: www.amymack.myshaklee.com
Mile Marker 5: Song--Battle Flag by Lo Fidelity All Stars. Love this song...but has the f-word in it so I can't play it at home anymore. Thank you to John Hewlett for helping me figure out the name of this song and actually getting the CD for me! I first heard the song during a "very special episode" (aren't they all??) of ER. The one when John Carter and Kelly Martin were stabbed on Valentine's Day by a patient in the middle of a psychotic episode.
Mile Marker 5.5 (half way mark): Song--Hypnotize by Notorious BIG. Now, I love Biggie. But I also love Eazy E and Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. Aren't they all enemies? East Coast/West Coast?
Mile Marker 6: Song--Jessie's Girl. This is the song I played on the way to the hospital to have Declan and Alice. OH! I should knit Sean and Emily's baby-to-be a hat...baby due in 3 days!!!
Mile Marker 7: Heading up a treacherous hill (Gray's Lane from Mill Creek for those in the area). I am going to text Danielle (we ran this together last weekend). Actually, I am going to take a picture of myself with my iPhone and send it to her. AHHAHHAHA! I am texting, taking pictures and running up a hill!
Mile Marker 8: It is getting dark
Mile Marker 9: Haverford College on the horizon... Getting close... What questions do I have for Dr. Offit (pediatrician) for tomorrow--Alice's 1 year well visit.
Mile Marker 10: I hope Desmond is doing OK at home. Desmond is our 15 year old babysitter. Kids LOVE him...but 5:00 can be a tricky time. D--N! I don't have any cash. I am the lamest employer.
Mile Marker 11: DONNNNEEE! Turns out Alice screamed the entire time until Desmond decided to give a nap a try. Good work, Des! And Thank You!

There you have it! Riveting, huh? Wow, 2 blogs in one day!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment