Monday, February 10, 2014

After The Apocalyspe

This past week has been a challenge.  Due to an ice storm, my family lost power, heat and hot water for 3 full days.  Kids were out of school for three days.  Scrambling to get to work.  Strategizing how to even get a shower.  Running has not been on the top of my priority list.

“Flexible” is not my middle name.  I like things to be a certain way.  I like predictability.  I often eat the same thing every day.  When it comes to marathon training, I follow the same training schedule year after year to a “T.”  This training season has been humbling.  Rain, Ice, Slush, Snow, Black Outs.  Mother Nature, not Amy, is at the wheel for sure.


I often catch myself in a panic.  “I haven’t run all of my training runs this week!!!!  Will I be able to finish the marathon????”  Then I collect myself and realize, “Yes.  I’ve done it before.  I’m training and doing the best I can.”  Plus, I have two guardian angels pulling me along!  This training is not about me.  This training is about my mom, Patty and my In-Memory Partner, Jonathan.  I can cope with the elements.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment