Here are 10 things that you may not have known about my mom, Patty Shields.
10. Patty always wanted to be an archeologist.
9. Patty liked to eat vanilla ice cream out of a cantaloupe.
8. Patty loved Laura Ashley.
7. Patty did not like roller coasters, but liked rides that spun.
6. Patty wanted a shamrock tattoo.
5. Patty liked black licorice.
4. Patty and I loved to watch Days of Our Lives.
3. Patty loved going to the movies.
2. One of Patty’s favorite flowers was the daisy.
1. Mom always encouraged me to “Just Do It.”
Here are 10 important things to know about Jonathan (courtesy of his mom, Marie Smyth):
1. Jonathan loved Legos.
2. Jonathan was featured in an issue of Lego Mania Magazine.
3. Jonathan loved fried clam strips at Nancy's on the dock in Oak Bluffs, MA. on Martha's Vineyard.
4. Jonathan had a cute little beauty mark on the left side of his head that you could only see when he lost all of his hair during chemotherapy.
5. Jonathan loved golf and baseball and was a Red Sox fan.
6. Jonathan posed swinging a golf club on a brochure for the Jimmy Fund golf tournaments.
7. Jonathan loved watching Nickelodeon and especially the show "Rugrats".
8. Jonathan was born on May 4, 1990, weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces and was 21 inches.
9. Jonathan loved beanie babies, trucks, race cars, and drawing pictures of sharks and rockets.
10. Jonathan and his mom rescued a baby snapping turtle from a Dunkin Donuts parking lot. Jonathan named him "Little Dude". Little Dude lived in a tank during the winter in Jonathan's first grade classroom as their class pet. In the spring, Little Dude was released to the pond behind our house in Sudbury. Mom says she thinks they saw him a few times over the years after his release.