Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Ides of March

Ran my 16 miler last Saturday in a rainy, windy Nor'Easter. I don't know what was worse: sloshing repeatedly through 2-3" puddles or getting full-body splashed by cars or the fact that Theo's golf raincoat was only water RESISTANT or that my clothes weighed 10 lbs by the end of the run. Alas, I successfully completed the run, checked it off my training chart and took a 2 hour nap!

Yesterday's 18 miler was in stark contrast to last weekend's run! GORGEOUS! PERFECT! AMAZING! The sky couldn't have been bluer. I honestly think I could have run another mile...which is good since a marathon is 26.2 miles!

I can't believe I have only one more super long run ahead of me before "the big one." As challenging as this training has been, what with the weather and working out the logistics of getting my runs in while taking care of the kids, it has gone by FAST. And has proven to boost my self-confidence yet again.

I will always remember my Mom's unwavering support during a really low point in my life. She couldn't understand why I didn't think I was amazing as she thought I was. I remember one day coming in to my bedroom and she had taped to my mirror a Nike "Just Do It" ad that she had ripped from a magazine. She wrote "You can do it, Amy. Love, Mom." Or something to that effect. I feel like she is smiling at me now.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment