Saturday, April 13, 2013

1 day...14 hours




Hello!

1 day and 14 hours to go according to the race count down clock.  I'm ready.  I'm in Rockport, MA and just had dinner with my dad, brother, sister, bro and sis-in-law and my adorable nephews.  Spectator logistics are being figured out.  Post-race party plans are in place.  Life is good.

I was feeling reflective yesterday as I ran my final 3 mile run.  If I were a poet, I would write something like "I finished up training just like I started...with a three mile run and the same goal in mind."  I carefully packed up my race singlet, my shorts, socks, my lucky running hankie and my shoes.  Petrified of forgetting something important.

I also put my mom's heart necklace around my neck and a Lego in my shorts pocket.  Because no matter what happens, Monday's run is about Patty and Jonathan.  It pays respect to their struggle, their fight and their courage.  I am honored to be running with their names on my back.

Thank you thank you thank you for all of your love, support, encouragement and well wishes.  Thank you for making a donation to my efforts to help create a world without cancer.

Think of me on Monday around 10:40 am...I will be part of the final wave...#23399.

XO AMY


No comments:

Post a Comment