In addition to running in memory of my mom, I am also running In Memory of Jonathan Smyth. Jonathan was a brave fighter who lost his battle with cancer at age 7 in 1998.
Here are 10 important things to know about Jonathan (courtesy of his mom, Marie Smyth):
1. Jonathan loved Legos.
2. Jonathan was featured in an issue of Lego Mania Magazine.
3. Jonathan loved fried clam strips at Nancy's on the dock in Oak Bluffs, MA. on Martha's Vineyard.
4. Jonathan had a cute little beauty mark on the left side of his head that you could only see when he lost all of his hair during chemotherapy.
5. Jonathan loved golf and baseball and was a Red Sox fan.
6. Jonathan posed swinging a golf club on a brochure for the Jimmy Fund golf tournaments.
7. Jonathan loved watching Nickelodeon and especially the show "Rugrats".
8. Jonathan was born on May 4, 1990, weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces and was 21 inches.
9. Jonathan loved beanie babies, trucks, race cars, and drawing pictures of sharks and rockets.
10. Jonathan and his mom rescued a baby snapping turtle from a Dunkin Donuts parking lot.
Jonathan named him "Little Dude". Little Dude lived in a tank during the winter in Jonathan's first grade classroom as their class pet. In the spring, Little Dude was released to the pond behind our house in Sudbury. We think we saw him a few times over the years after his release.
Please consider supporting my fundraising efforts to honor the memory of Jonathan, Patty and all of our loved ones who are battling or who have battled cancer!
Post a Comment